Apply for the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML)
Before you apply for the NPQML programme, we recommend that you have a conversation with your headteacher or line manager to obtain their agreement and ensure suitability of the programme.
To apply for this programme, you must download and complete a copy of the application form below. Once complete, upload your application form to this page.
Application deadline and outcomes
The new application round is now open, you can download the application form at the bottom of this page.
If your application form is successful, we will email your headteacher or line manager to verify the following:
- They agree that you meet the application criteria.
- You are likely to benefit from undertaking the programme.
- They agree to release you from school to attend all of the face-to-face training days.
- They agree to support you to identify and lead a school improvement task at senior leadership level.
- The school will pay for your place on the programme.
Once we have received verification from your headteacher, principal or line manager, we will proceed to send you details of your induction to start the programme.
If your application is unsuccessful, we may call you to discuss the outcome. We will provide you with feedback on why your application has not been successful at this time, and in some cases you may be asked to submit more information. In other cases you may be advised to reapply at a later stage when you can provide evidence of more experience.
If your application is deemed unsuccessful, you are entitled to appeal this decision; please refer to the appeals policy.